Saturday 1 May 2004
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Yeah! by Usher.
In UK Yeah! by Usher featuring Lil' Jon & Ludacris was in the top 5 hits.
Juve Against Fantomas, directed by Louis Feuillade, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while Against All Enemies: Inside America's War on Terror by Richard A. Clarke was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Derren Brown: Trick of the Mind.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cat Girl Alliance or Nicktoons: Freeze Frame Frenzy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 May 2004 ?
- Saint James the Less.
- Saint Sigismund of Burgundy.
- Saint Florine
- Saint Augustin Schoeffer
- Saint Theodulf.
- Saint Andeol.
- Czech Republic - "National Love Day" ? couples tend to flock to the memorial of the poet Karel Hynek M�cha in Prague and kiss.
- Festival of Matsu in Taiwan and various locales along the southern coast of China (2005).
- Malta - L-Ewwel ta Mejju, Malta, Jum il-haddiem (Worker's Day).
- United States - Law Day, U.S.A., Loyalty Day.
- Roman Empire - fourth and last day of the Floralia in honour of Flora.
- Roman Empire - all-female festival in honour of Bona Dea.
- Saint Joseph the Worker (also known as Saint Joseph's Day).
- Maharashtra Divas (Maharashtra Day) in the state of Maharastra, India. On May 1, 1960, Maharashtra came into existence when Bombay State was split into the new linguistic states of Maharashtra and Gujarat.
- Beltane, L� Bealtaine, the first day of Summer in modern Ireland was celebrated by the Celts, and is now also celebrated by Neopagans and Wiccans.
- May crowning - Unofficial ritual ceremony usually happening in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Lei Day - Hawaiian holiday for the Lei.
- Saint Jeremiah.
- May Day, Labour Day, Workers' Day, Day of the International Solidarity of Workers.
- Italy - national holiday (Giorno dei Lavoratori).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 May
- Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, and Slovenia join the European Union, celebrated at the residence of the Irish President in Dublin.
- The Sasser computer worm is first noticed on the loose, affecting Windows 2000 and Windows XP. The worm crashes and rebots computers, replicating itself to other computers. Millions of computers are quickly affected worldwide.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 May 2004
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Charleroi - Mouscron : 1 - 0
- Club Brugge - Standard : 1 - 0
- Gent - Antwerp : 1 - 1
- Westerlo - Lierse : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Dortmund - Hansa Rostock : 4 - 1
- FC Koln - Bayern Munich : 1 - 2
- Freiburg - Hannover : 4 - 1
- Kaiserslautern - M'gladbach : 2 - 2
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Madrid - Celta : 3 - 2
- La Coruna - Real Madrid : 2 - 0
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Alaves - Poli Ejido : 0 - 0
- Cordoba - Las Palmas : 1 - 2
- Getafe - Terrassa : 2 - 0
- Malaga B - Vallecano : 2 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?