Thursday 18 September 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dee Dee Ramone and Rick Pitino.
The Snows of Kilimanjaro, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Four Star Playhouse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1952!
Which were the important events of 18 September 1952 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Dee Dee Ramone: American bassist (The Ramones) (d. 2002).
- Rick Pitino: American basketball player and coach of the Celtics and Knicks and several colleges, who led the University of Kentucky to an NCAA championship in 1986.
- Giorgos Dimitrakopoulos: Greek politician.
- Hippoliet Daeye: Flemish Painter (Dreamy).
- The Soviet Union vetoes Japan's application for membership in the United Nations.
- Negotiations for a ceasefire in Korea are postponed.
- A three-train crash at Harrow railway station in England kills 112 people.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 September 1952
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?