Wednesday September 17, 1952
US date format: 9/17/1952, UK date format: 17/9/1952
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 17, 1952). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jerôme Bonaldi and Joseph Rossignol.
Because You're Mine, directed by Alexander Hall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Houses In Between by Howard Spring was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Our Miss Brooks.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 17, 1952?
- RC Saints - Feasts of Saint Lambert (martyr), Hildegard of Bingen
- United States - Constitution Day (observed on the previous Friday if it falls in a weekend), Citizenship Day, Von Steuben Day
- Netherlands - Operation Market Garden is still remembered with parachuting and dedications on this day.
- Also see September 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- In the USA, "I am an American Day" and "Constitution Day" renamed "Citizenship Day".
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free