Friday 18 September 1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aisha Tyler and Michela Rocco di Torrepadula.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Diana Ross.
In UK Tears Of A Clown by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles was in the top 5 hits.
Tora! Tora! Tora!, directed by Richard Fleischer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Lord Won'T Mind by Gordon Merrick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Odd Couple.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 September 1970!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 September 1970 ?
- Also see September 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Chile - Independence Day (first junta 1810)
- RC Saints - Feast day of St Joseph of Cupertino and Methodius of Olympus
- In ancient Greece, the fifth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries.
- Aisha Tyler: American actress and comedian.
- Michela Rocco di Torrepadula
- Darren Gough: British athlete, a cricket player.
- Didier Rous: French road bicycle racer, whose wins include a stage of the Tour de France (1997), French National Road Race Champion (2001, 2003) and Grand Prix du Midi Libre (2000).
- Dan Eldon: English photographer and journalist (d. 1993).
- Emmanuel Besnier
- Everett Lindsay: NFL guard / center (Minn Vikings).
- Gary Rogers: CFL linebacker (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Michela Rocco: Udine, Italy -- Miss Italy (1987).
- Michela Torrepadula: Italian beauty queen, Miss Italy of 1987.
- Mike Compton: American football player and coach.
- Jimi Hendrix: American musician, singer and guitarist who became a rock superstar.
- Jimi Hendrix dies in London of drug related complications.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
- Edwin Starr - War
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Lookin' Out My Back Door
- Clarence Carter - Patches
- Bobby Sherman - Julie, Do Ya Love Me
- Chicago - 25 Or 6 To 4
- Mungo Jerry - In The Summertime
- Carpenters - (They Long To Be) Close To You
- Dawn - Candida
- Bread - Make It With You
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 18 September 1970
- St. Louis Cardinals - Los Angeles Rams : 13 - 34
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?