Monday 19 April 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Natalie Dessay and Suge Knight.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Game Of Love by Wayne Fontana.
In UK Concrete And Clay by Unit 4+2 was in the top 5 hits.
The Pawnbroker, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Don'T Stop The Carnival by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Expeditionen ins Tierreich.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1965!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 April 1965 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Natalie Dessay: French soprano and opera star, she sang her first opera in 1992, at Paris' Opera Bastille.
- Suge Knight: American CEO of Death Row Records, a scowling black man-mountain nicknamed "sugar bear.
- Paolo Cane': Italian tennis player, a champion who was the winner of the Italian Nationales.
- George Davis: American highly decorated fighter pilot and flying ace of the United States Army Air Forces in World War II, and later of the US Air Force during the Korean War.
- 1st all news radio station (WINS 1010 AM in NYC) begins operating
- T.A.M.I. Show premieres in London
- First American all-news radio station (WINS 1010 AM in New York City) begins operating.
- 69th Boston Marathon won by Morio Shigematsu of Japan in 2:16:33.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- The Kinks - Tired Of Waiting For You
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- Shirley Ellis - The Clapping Song (Clap Pat Clap Slap)
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?