Thursday 1 April 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John "Jumbo" Elliot NFL tackle (New York Giants and Mark Jackson.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Stop! In The Name Of Love by The Supremes.
In UK It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Girl Happy, directed by Boris Sagal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Funeral In Berlin by Len Deighton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Secret Agent.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1965!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1965 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- John "Jumbo" Elliot NFL tackle (New York Giants: New York Jets).
- Mark Jackson: American basketball player: guard, Pacers.
- Simona Ventura: Italian beauty queen and winner of a contest.
- Tomas Alfredson: Swedish actor director and screenwriter.
- Robert Steadman: English composer and conductor.
- Syncom 3, first geosynchronous communications satellite, passes from civilian to military control.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- The Beatles - Eight Days A Week
- Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger
- Martha & the Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
- Vic Dana - Red Roses For A Blue Lady
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?