Wednesday 7 April 1965
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Bellamy and Alexander Mronz in Cologne.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to I'm Telling You Now by Freddie and the Dreamers.
In UK Concrete And Clay by Unit 4+2 was in the top 5 hits.
Girl Happy, directed by Boris Sagal, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Legend Of The Seventh Virgin by Victoria Holt was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Tale of Two Cities.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 April 1965!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 7 April 1965 ?
- Saint Herman-Jozef (died 1241)
- World Health Day - April 7th of every year is designated as World Health Day and celebrated by the 191 member countries of the World Health Organization to emphasize significant issues in public health of worldwide concern. Observed annually since 1948.
- The feast of Annunciation is celebrated by the Eastern Orthodox Church.
- Saint John Baptist de La Salle (d.1719)
- Mozambique - Women's Day.
- Bill Bellamy: American actor and comedian.
- Alexander Mronz in Cologne: Germany; tennis star.
- Alison Lapper: English painter and photographer.
- Nenad Vučinić: Serbian-New Zealand basketball player and coach.
- Bevan Congdon makes a stumping as 12th man New Zealand versus Pakistan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
- Herman's Hermits - Can't You Hear My Heartbeat
- Jr. Walker & the All Stars - Shotgun
- Jewel Akens - The Birds And The Bees
- Roger Miller - King Of The Road
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- Martha & the Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Vic Dana - Red Roses For A Blue Lady
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?