Thursday 29 April 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Vincent Ventresca and Michel Bussi.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Ticket To Ride by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Brainstorm, directed by William Conrad, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Ordways by William Humphrey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Orlando.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 April 1965
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1965!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1965 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Vincent Ventresca
- Michel Bussi: French geographer author and academic.
- Peter Rauhofer: Austrian DJ and producer (d. 2013).
- Larisa Turchinskaya: Russian-Australian heptathlete and coach.
- Malta is 18th member of Council of Europe.
- Earthquake shakes Seattle, Washington, USA; five die.
- Australian government announces it will send troops to Vietnam.
- Pakistan's Space and Upper Atmosphere Research Commission (SUPARCO) successfully launches its seventh rocket in its Rehber series.
- Australia announces that it is sending an infantry battalion to support the South Vietnam government.
- Bob Askin replaces Jack Renshaw as Premier of New South Wales.
- The Battle of Dong-Yin occurs as a conflict between Taiwan and the People's Republic of China.
- Liverpool wins the FA Cup Final, beating Leeds Utd 2–1.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - Mrs. Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter
- Wayne Fontana - Game Of Love
- Petula Clark - I Know A Place
- Freddie and the Dreamers - I'm Telling You Now
- The Seekers - I'll Never Find Another You
- The Kinks - Tired Of Waiting For You
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Count Me In
- Herman's Hermits - Silhouettes
- The Rolling Stones - The Last Time
- The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love
Top #10 R&B songs
- Little Milton - We're Gonna Make It
- Marvin Gaye - I'll Be Doggone
- The Temptations - It's Growing
- Jr. Walker & The All Stars - Shotgun
- The Miracles - Ooo Baby Baby
- Billy Stewart - I Do Love You
- Solomon Burke - Got To Get You Off My Mind
- Gene Chandler - Nothing Can Stop Me
- Martha & The Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
- Tony Clarke - The Entertainer
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?