Friday March 19, 1976
US date format: 3/19/1976, UK date format: 19/3/1976
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 19, 1976). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Harold Wilson (Labour), Pope St Paul VI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Alessandro Nesta and Rachel Blanchard.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to December 1963 (Oh, What A Night) by The Four Seasons.
In UK I Love To Love by Tina Charles was in the top 5 hits.
The Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox, directed by Melvin Frank, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Nightwork by Irwin Shaw was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Battle of the Sexes.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Indy 4 or Quiz Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 19, 1976?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- See more
- Princess Margaret separates from the Earl of Snowdon, after 16 years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 19, 1976?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Four Seasons - December 1963 (Oh, What A Night)
- Eric Carmen - All By Myself
- Gary Wright - Dream Weaver
- Eagles - Take It To The Limit
- Captain and Tennille - Lonely Night (Angel Face)
- The Miracles - Love Machine (Part 1)
- Rufus - Sweet Thing
- Aerosmith - Dream On
- Larry Groce - Junk Food Junkie (Live)
- Johnnie Taylor - Disco Lady
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
Make this day unforgettable
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next March 19If March 19, 1976 is your birthday you're 44 years, 5 months, 30 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 6 months, 1 day.
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?