Wednesday 31 March 1976
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 31, 1976). The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mélanie Coste and Ashton Moore.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Disco Lady by Johnnie Taylor.
In UK I Love To Love by Tina Charles was in the top 5 hits.
The River Niger, directed by Krishna Shah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Angels by Billy Graham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Battle of the Sexes.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Heavyweight Champ or Dukedom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 March 1976
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1976!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1976 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Mélanie Coste
- Ashton Moore: American porn actress.
- Ganda: Comedian.
- Shawty Lo: Rapper.
- Anthony B: Jamaican singer and DJ.
- Rich Clementi: American mixed martial artist.
- Amanda Moody: Orem, Utah -- Miss America - Utah (1996).
- Guy Mariano: American skateboarder.
- Josh Saviano: American actor and lawyer.
- Igors Sļesarčuks: Latvian-Russian footballer.
- Alan Tern: Singaporean actor.
- Howard Frier: American basketball player.
- Paul Strand: American photographer and filmmaker (Born 1890).
- Cleveland Cavaliers clinch their first ever NBA playoff berth.
- New Jersey Court rules Karen Anne Quinlan may be disconnected from respirator.
- The New Jersey Supreme Court rules that coma patient Karen Ann Quinlan can be disconnected from her ventilator. She remains comatose and dies in 1985.
- Apple Computer Company is formed by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak.
- Conrail (Consolidated Rails Corporation) is formed by the U.S. government, to take control of 13 major Northeast Class-1 railroads that had filed for bankruptcy protection. Conrail takes control at midnight, as a government-owned and operated railroad until 1986, when it is sold to the public.
- The Jovian-Plutonian gravitational effect is first reported by astronomer Patrick Moore.
- Rwanda recognizes the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic (SADR).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1976?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnnie Taylor - Disco Lady
- Gary Wright - Dream Weaver
- Captain and Tennille - Lonely Night (Angel Face)
- Bellamy Brothers - Let Your Love Flow
- Rufus - Sweet Thing
- Maxine Nightingale - Right Back Where We Started From
- Aerosmith - Dream On
- December 1963 (Oh, What A Night) - The Four Seasons
- Bay City Rollers - Money Honey
- David Bowie - Golden Years
Top #10 R&B songs
- Johnnie Taylor - Disco Lady
- Eddie Kendricks - He's A Friend
- Dorothy Moore - Misty Blue
- The Blackbyrds - Happy Music
- Bobby Womack - Daylight
- The Staple Singers - New Orleans
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Let's Groove (part 1)
- I've Got A Feeling (we'll Be Seeing Each Other Aga - Al Wilson
- Livin' For The Weekend / Stairway To Heaven - The O'Jays
- Ohio Players - Fopp
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?