Sunday 19 May 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rebecca Bradley and Yazz [Yasmin Evans] rocker ("Fine Time".
In that special week of May people in US were listening to If You Wanna Be Happy by Jimmy Soul.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Pickpocket, directed by Robert Bresson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Seven Days In May by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Bailey II was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Curd Jürgens erzählt....
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 May 1963!
Which were the important events of 19 May 1963 ?
- National Hug-Your-Cat Day
- NASCAR Day USA.(2006)
- Commemoration of Pontian Greeks Genocide in Greece.
- Commemoration of Atatnrk, Youth and Sports Day in Turkey (1919).
- Theophilus of Corte
- Peter Celestine
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Dunstan
- Rebecca Bradley: LPGA golfer.
- Yazz [Yasmin Evans] rocker ("Fine Time": "The One Way is Up").
- Yazz: English singer.
- Sophie Davant: French journalist and TV host.
- Filippo Galli: Italian soccer/football player, he played for Milan (1981–1982, 1983–1996), Pescara (on loan) (1982–1983), Reggiana (1996–1998), Brescia (1998–2001), Watford (2001–2002), and Pro Sesto (2002–2004).
- Walter Russell: American painter sculptor and author (d. 1963).
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Muskogee Civitan Golf Open.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 19 May 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- The Shirelles - Foolish Little Girl
- Chantay's - Pipeline
- Brenda Lee - Losing You
- The Kingston Trio - Reverend Mr. Black
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?