Monday 13 May 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julian Brookhouse and Christian Perez.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to If You Wanna Be Happy by Jimmy Soul.
In UK From Me To You by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Spencer's Mountain, directed by Delmer Daves, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Curd Jürgens erzählt....
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1963!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1963 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Julian Brookhouse: rocker (Curiosity Killed Cat-Keep Your Distance).
- Christian Perez: French former footballer, he played for France at the Euro 92 and for different famous clubs: Nîmes, Montpellier, Monaco, Paris-St-Germain.
- Andrea Leadsom: English politician.
- Wally Masur: Australian tennis player coach and sportscaster.
- Alois Hudal: Austrian-born Catholic bishop who assisted Nazi war criminals in escaping (Born 1885).
- The U.S. Supreme Court case Brady v. Maryland is decided.
- A smallpox outbreak hits Stockholm, Sweden, lasting until July.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 May 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- The Shirelles - Foolish Little Girl
- Chantay's - Pipeline
- Brenda Lee - Losing You
- The Kingston Trio - Reverend Mr. Black
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Al Martino - I Love You Because
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?