Sunday 5 May 1963
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Heidi Kozak and James LaBrie.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to I Will Follow Him by Little Peggy March.
In UK How Do You Do It? by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
Dr. No, directed by Terence Young, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Raise High The Roof Beam, Carpenters by J.D was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Curd Jürgens erzählt....
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1963 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Heidi Kozak: American actress.
- James LaBrie: Canadian singer-songwriter (Dream Theater Winter Rose Explorers Club and MullMuzzler).
- Simon Rimmer: English chef and author.
- Scott Westerfeld: American author and composer.
- Heinrich Gebhard: Composer.
- Marilynn Smith wins LPGA Peach Blossom Golf Open.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 May 1963
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Little Peggy March - I Will Follow Him
- Andy Williams - Can't Get Used To Losing You
- Peter, Paul & Mary - Puff (The Magic Dragon)
- Chantay's - Pipeline
- The Chiffons - He's So Fine
- Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy
- The Cookies - Don't Say Nothin' Bad (About My Baby)
- The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A.
- The Drifters - On Broadway
- Mongo Santamaria Band - Watermelon Man
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?