Thursday November 19, 1998
US date format: 11/19/1998, UK date format: 19/11/1998
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 19, 1998). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Doo Wop (That Thing) by Lauryn Hill.
In UK Believe by Cher was in the top 5 hits.
Gemide, directed by Serdar Akar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1998
while Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grafters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Centre Court Tennis or Buck Bumble.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 19, 1998?
- Vincent van Gogh's Portrait of the Artist Without Beard sells at auction for $71.5 million USD.
- Lewinsky scandal: The United States House of Representatives' Judiciary Committee begins impeachment hearings against U.S. President Bill Clinton.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 19, 1998?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Deborah Cox - Nobody's Supposed To Be Here
- Lauryn Hill - Doo Wop (That Thing)
- Divine - Lately
- Faith Evans - Love Like This
- Dru Hill Featuring Redman - How Deep Is Your Love
- Jay-Z Featuring Amil (Of Major Coinz) & Ja - Can I Get A...
- Monica - The First Night
- Keith Sweat Featuring Snoop Dogg - Come And Get With Me
- Total Featuring Missy Elliott - Trippin'
- 112 Featuring Mase - Love Me
Sport Games on November 19, 1998
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Lyon - Marseille : 2 - 1
- Monaco - Bordeaux : 0 - 2
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $70.69
- Apple AAPL: opens at $35.50
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $109.06
- General Electric GE: opens at $91.94
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $159.50