Friday 19 September 1980
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tegan Quin and Sara Quin.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK Feels Like I'm In Love by Kelly Marie was in the top 5 hits.
Stardust Memories, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Anatomy Of An Illness by Norman Cousins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Yes You Can.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Bismarck or Computer Conflict.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1980!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 19 September 1980 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Tegan Quin: Rock Singer.
- Sara Quin: Canadian musician.
- Dimitri Yachvili: French international rugby union player (2002-11) of georgian descent, born to Michel Yachvili, also former French international.
- Amber Lancaster: American model and actress.
- Tanja Reichert
- Zuzana Vejvodova
- Caesar Twins: Polish theatrical-gymnastics team whose abilities and showmanship have been compared with the high level of Cirque Du Soleil performances.
- James Ellison: English motorcycle racer.
- Frances Houghton: English rower.
- Titan II missile explosion (Damascus, Arkansas).
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
- Larry Graham - One In A Million You
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?