Monday 29 September 1980
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sarah Sucher and Dallas Green.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Another One Bites The Dust by Queen.
In UK Feels Like I'm In Love by Kelly Marie was in the top 5 hits.
Oh, God! Book II, directed by Gilbert Cates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Firestarter by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Home Sweet Home.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Missile Command or Midway Campaign.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1980 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Sarah Sucher: Miss Iowa Teen USA (1997).
- Dallas Green: Canadian musician (Alexisonfire, City and Colour).
- Zachary Levi: American actor.
- Patrick Agyemang: English footballer.
- Dewi Rezer: Indonesian model and actress.
- Malcolm McDowell wed Mary Steenburgen
- The ''Washington Post'' publishes Janet Cooke's story of Jimmy, an 8-year-old heroin addict (later proven to be fabricated).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 September 1980
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Barbra Streisand - Woman In Love
- Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
- Olivia Newton-John - Xanadu
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?