Saturday 6 September 1980
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yuji Hamano and Kerry Katona.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK The Winner Takes It All by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Smokey and the Bandit II, directed by Hal Needham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mysterious World.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rogue or SOS.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 6 September 1980 ?
- United States - National Stillbirth Remembrance Day in 39 states
- RC Saints - a Saint Bega or Bee of Cumbria and a Sankt Mang of Fnssen
- Bulgaria - Unification Day
- Canada - Stillbirth Remembrance Day in New Brunswick, Quebec, and Ontario
- Pakistan - Defence Day
- Swaziland - Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1968)
- Also see September 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Yuji Hamano: Japanese archer.
- Kerry Katona: Reality Star.
- Jillian Hall: American professional wrestler.
- Samuel Peter: Nigerian boxer.
- Joseph Yobo: Nigerian footballer.
- Emmy Creative Arts Award presentation
- 94th US Womens Tennis: Chris E L Mills beats H Mandlikova (57 61 61)
- Macalaster University of St. Paul, Minnesota beating Mount Senario 17-14
- Susan Powell (Okla), 21, crowned 53rd Miss America 1981
- College football's longest losing streak of 50 games ends for Macalaster University of Saint Paul, Minnesota beating Mount Senario 17-14.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 September 1980
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Christopher Cross - Sailing
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Olivia Newton-John - Magic
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right) Part 1
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?