Sunday 28 September 1980
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brigitta Callens and Ashlee Frazier.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Upside Down by Diana Ross.
In UK Feels Like I'm In Love by Kelly Marie was in the top 5 hits.
Somewhere in Time, directed by Jeannot Szwarc, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Firestarter by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Up and Coming.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crazy Balloon or Phoenix.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1980!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1980 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Brigitta Callens: Belgian beauty queen, Miss Belgium 1999.
- Ashlee Frazier: Reality Star.
- Marlon Parmer: American basketball player.
- Charlie & Algernon closes at Helen Hayes Theater NYC after 17 performances
- Jerilyn Britz wins LPGA Mary Kay Golf Classic
- Jaromir Wagner is first to fly the Atlantic standing on the wing.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- Johnny Lee - Lookin' For Love
- Paul Simon - Late In The Evening
- Eddie Rabbitt - Drivin' My Life Away
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Larry Graham - One In A Million You
- Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 28 September 1980
- Atlanta Falcons - San Francisco 49ers : 20 - 17
- Chicago Bears - Pittsburgh Steelers : 3 - 38
- Cleveland Browns - Tampa Bay Buccaneers : 34 - 27
- Dallas Cowboys - Green Bay Packers : 28 - 7
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?