Tuesday 20 August 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sandy Brondello and Brett Angell.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frost on Sunday.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1968!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1968 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Sandy Brondello: Australian basketball guard (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Brett Angell: English footballer and coach.
- Abdelatif Benazzi: Moroccan-French rugby player.
- Klas Ingesson: Swedish footballer and manager (d. 2014).
- Yuri Shiratori: Japanese voice actress and singer.
- Frode Barth: Norwegian guitarist and composer
- Earl Sande: US jockey (Kentucky Derby), dies at 69.
- 650,000 Warsaw Pact troops invade Czechoslovakia
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 August 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Archie Bell & The Drells - I Can't Stop Dancing
- The Dells - Stay In My Corner
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?