Saturday 31 August 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nomo Hideo and Alexia Deschamps.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells was in the top 5 hits.
while Between Parent And Child by Haim G. Ginott was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Morecambe & Wise Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1968!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 31 August 1968 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Nomo Hideo
- Alexia Deschamps
- Jennifer Azzi: Oak Wheat Ridge, Tennessee -- Basketball guard (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jim Bob Howard: Wichita Falls, Texas -- Actor (Flash & Bone).
- Hideo Nomo: American baseball player, a pitcher for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Valdon Dowiyogo: Nauruan politician and Australian football player.
- Jolene Watanabe: Los Angeles, California -- Tennis star (1994 Futures-Evansville).
- Glenroy Gilbert: Trinidad -- Canadian 4X100m sprinter (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- George P Gooch: English Historian / House of Commons leader.
- Verne Gagne beats Dick Beyers (Dr X) in Minn, to become NWA champ
- 12,000 die in 7.8 quake destroys 60,000 buildings in NE Iran
- 68th US Golf Amateur Championship won by Bruce Fleisher
- Private Eye magazine reports a John Lennon andYoko Ono album will have a picture of them nude on cover
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- Vanilla Fudge - You Keep Me Hangin' On
- Jeannie C. Riley - Harper Valley P.T.A.
- Marvin Gaye - You're All I Need To Get By
- Archie Bell & The Drells - I Can't Stop Dancing
- The Dells - Stay In My Corner
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?