Saturday 24 August 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Arnold Galesloot and Benoit Brunet.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to People Got To Be Free by The Rascals.
In UK Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frost on Sunday.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1968!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1968 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Arnold Galesloot: WLAF tight end (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Benoit Brunet: Pointe Claire, Quebec -- NHL left wing (Montreal Canadiens).
- Benoît Brunet: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Shoichi Funaki: Japanese-American wrestler and sportscaster.
- Andreas Kisser: Brazilian guitarist songwriter and producer (Sepultura and Hail!).
- Tim Salmon: Long Beach, California -- Outfielder (California Angels)
- James Toney: American boxer and mixed martial artist
- France explodes its first hydrogen bomb, thus becoming the world's fifth nuclear power.
- France explodes its first hydrogen bomb.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 August 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Jose Feliciano - Light My Fire
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Archie Bell & The Drells - I Can't Stop Dancing
- The Dells - Stay In My Corner
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?