Thursday 8 August 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew Lane and Suzy Hamilton.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Hello, I Love You by The Doors.
In UK Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells was in the top 5 hits.
Hang 'Em High, directed by Ted Post, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frost on Sunday.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1968!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1968 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Matthew Lane: Wellington, New Zealand -- Nike golfer (1991 South Australian Open-4th).
- Suzy Hamilton: US olympic 1500m runner.
- Yvie Burnett: Scottish soprano.
- Aldo van Dyke: Honduran journalist (d. 2013).
- Abey Kuruvilla: Indian cricketer and coach.
- Huey Morgan: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Fun Lovin' Criminals)
- Jarry Park is approved by Mayor Jean Drapeau for interim use by Expos
- Republican Convention in Miami Beach nominates Nixon for President
- Race riot in Miami, Florida.
- Juro Wada successfully performs Japan's first heart transplant.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 August 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Doors - Hello, I Love You
- Mason Williams - Classical Gas
- The 5th Dimension - Stoned Soul Picnic
- Hugh Masekela - Grazing In The Grass
- The Rascals - People Got To Be Free
- Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
- Gary Puckett - Lady Willpower
- The Vogues - Turn Around, Look At Me
- The Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love
- The Rolling Stones - Jumpin' Jack Flash
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?