Wednesday 20 August 1980
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rochelle Gadd and Chesa Boudin.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Magic by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK The Winner Takes It All by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
Smokey and the Bandit II, directed by Hal Needham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Rage Of Angels by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Boxing or Moon Cresta.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1980!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1980 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Rochelle Gadd: British actress.
- Chesa Boudin: American lawyer, writer, and lecturer specializing in the U.S.
- Samuel Dumoulin: French road bicycle racer, who has been a professional since 2002, for the Jean Delatour team.
- Corey Carrier: Actor (Young Indiana Jones).
- Langhorne Slim: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Nicolás Tauber: Argentinian-Israeli footballer
- Mt Everest climbed by Italian Reinhold Messner, alone
- Pitts Omar Moreno steals record 70 bases for 3rd consecutive season
- Reinhold Messner of Italy is first to make solo ascent of Mount Everest.
- New York Yankees' Bob Watson hits Seattle Kingdome speaker, second straight day.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 August 1980
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Magic
- Christopher Cross - Sailing
- The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right) Part 1
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
- Irene Cara - Fame
- Air Supply - All Out Of Love
- Pete Townshend - Let My Love Open The Door
- Kim Carnes - More Love
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?