Friday 20 August 2010US date format: 8/20/2010, UK date format: 20/8/2010
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 20, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Burning Bright, directed by Carlos Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Offspring.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Death By Cube or Dragon Collection.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 2010!
Which were the important events of 20 August 2010 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 August
- India approves a draft law intended to open its civilian nuclear power industry to private investment. (BBC)
- India is to more than triple salaries of MPs. (BBC)
- Solomon Islands general election, 2010:: The two major political coalitions name their candidates for Prime Minister of the Solomon Islands following the general election: Steve Abana, the leader of the Democratic Party, and Danny Philip, the former Foreign Minister. (RNZI)Incumbent Derek Sikua will not be renominated as Prime Minister. (Solomon Star)
- Hillary Clinton, the United States Secretary of State, states that the United States "categorically disagrees" with the decision of the Scottish Government to release on compassionate grounds Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, the man convicted of bombing Pan Am Flight 103. (The Guardian)
- After initial hesitation, Pakistan ultimately accepts $5 million in aid from India; it subsequently calls it a "very welcome initiative". (The Times of India)(The Guardian) (The Sydney Morning Herald) (BBC)
- 2010 Pakistan floods:: After initial hesitation, Pakistan ultimately accepts $5 million in aid from India; it subsequently calls it a "very welcome initiative". (The Times of India)(The Guardian) (The Sydney Morning Herald) (BBC)The United Nations calls for more helicopters. (BBC)
- A spectator commits suicide during a concert by The Swell Season in the U.S. state of California. (Herald Sun) (The Irish Times) (Billboard) (Hot Press) (NME)
- A Thai appeals court rules to extradite alleged Russian arms dealer Viktor Bout to the United States; Russia expresses its disagreement with the ruling. (The Independent) (AP via CBS) (Thai News Agency) (BBC)
- Remains of a 104-year-old woman's body are discovered in her son's backpack during a nationwide search in Japan for missing centenarians. It is thought they may have been there for a decade. (AFP) (BBC)
- South African health minister Aaron Motsoaledi accuses of murder public sector workers who disrupt important treatment of patients while striking for better pay. (BBC) (News24)
- 58 pilot whales die after becoming stranded on New Zealand's Karikari Peninsula. (BBC) (The Sydney Morning Herald) (The New Zealand Herald)
- J. D. Salinger's toilet is put on sale on eBay for $1 million. (BBC) (AP via The Washington Post)
- Novelist A. S. Byatt and critic John Carey win the James Tait Black Memorial Prizes, Britain's oldest literary awards. (BBC)
- Norwegian stand-up comedian Hans Morten Hansen completes a 38 hours and 14 minute long stand-up marathon, setting a new world record for longest stand-up performance. (''VG'')
- A spectator commits suicide during a concert by The Swell Season in the U.S. state of California. (''NME'')
- Charles Haddon, singer of the British synthpop band Ou Est Le Swimming Pool, commits suicide after a show at the Pukkelpop festival in Belgium. ''(NME)''
- A. S. Byatt criticises the Orange Prize as ampquotsexistampquot and says women who write intellectual books are viewed as ampquotunnaturalampquot. (''The Guardian'')
- Mr Benn is reprinted for the first time in 30 years. (''The Guardian'')
- Carworkers in South Africa end their eight-day strike with a 10% pay deal. (BBC)
- Bolivia declares a state of emergency after approximately 25,000 forest fires spread across the country. (BBC)
Sport Games on 20 August 2010
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- St Truiden - Standard : 1 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bayern Munich - Wolfsburg : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Aachen - Union Berlin : 2 - 2
- Frankfurt FSV - Bielefeld : 2 - 1
- Hertha - Oberhausen : 3 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Clermont - Angers : 1 - 2
- Evian Thonon Gaillard - Tours : 1 - 2
- Istres - Dijon : 1 - 1
- Laval - Nantes : 0 - 0
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Miss Me - Drake Featuring Lil Wayne
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Find Your Love - Drake
- B.M.F. (Blowin' Money Fast) - Rick Ross Featuring Styles P
- Love All Over Me - Monica
- Pretty Boy Swag - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Alejate De Mi - Camila
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Stand By Me - Prince Royce
- Te Recordare - El Trono de Mexico
- El Malo - Aventura
Top #10 Rock songs
- Linkin Park - The Catalyst
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Savior - Rise Against
- Phoenix - Lisztomania
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Bad Company - Five Finger Death Punch
- Neon Trees - Animal
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Kenneth D. Lewis, the former chief executive of Bank of America, responding to a lawsuit filed early this year by the attorney general of New York, denied allegations of fraud in connection with the bank’s merger with Merrill Lynch. [..]
Lloyd C. Blankfein, head of Goldman Sachs, has had to cope with a soft real estate market like everybody else. He has finally sold his Park Avenue duplex for $12 million to Bryce and Elisabeth Markus, after initially listing it for $15 million [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $33.08
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $73.72
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $67.55
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $40.49
- 1 CHF = 6.5656 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.487 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9844 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.068 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?