Friday August 15, 1980US date format: 8/15/1980, UK date format: 15/8/1980
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1980). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Tyne Mary Vance and Tymica Spiller.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Magic by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK The Winner Takes It All by Abba was in the top 5 hits.
The Constant Factor, directed by Krzysztof Zanussi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Random Winds by Belva Plain was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coming Home.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Zap or Missile Command.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1980
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1980!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1980 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Magic
- Christopher Cross - Sailing
- The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right) Part 1
- The Rolling Stones - Emotional Rescue
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Billy Joel - It's Still Rock And Roll To Me
- The Manhattans - Shining Star
- Elton John - Little Jeannie
- Pete Townshend - Let My Love Open The Door
- Kim Carnes - More Love
Top #10 R&B songs
- Diana Ross - Upside Down
- Larry Graham - One In A Million You
- The Fatback Band - Backstrokin'
- George Benson - Give Me The Night
- The S.O.S. Band - Take Your Time (Do It Right)
- Kurtis Blow - The Breaks (Part 1)
- The Spinners - Cupid/I've Loved You For A Long Time
- Commodores - Old Fashion Love
- Teddy Pendergrass - Can't We Try
- Chic - Rebels Are We
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?