Wednesday 20 January 1937
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Albert-Marie de Monléon and Bailey Howell.
Black Legion, directed by Archie L. Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cook's Night Out.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 January 1937!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 20 January 1937 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Aquarius.
- Saint Fabian
- Epiphanius of Pavia
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Sebastian
- Presidential Inauguration Day in the United States.
- The Eve of St. Agnes.
- Albert-Marie de Monléon
- Bailey Howell
- Dorothy Provine in Deadwood: South Dakota, USA; actress (Good Neighbor Sam, Darn Cat).
- Bruno Georges-Picot: French banker, deputy general manager of Indosuez Private Banking.
- Albert-Marie Monléon: French Catholic clergyman, a Dominican, who has been the bishop emeritus of Meaux since July 2012.
- Dorothy Provine: American actress singer and dancer (d. 2010).
- 1st Inauguration day on Jan 20th, (held every 4th years there-after)
- -45 degrees F (-43 degrees C), Boca, California (state record low).
- First Presidential Inauguration day on January 20th, (held every fourth years thereafter).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?