Monday 4 January 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dyan Cannon in Tacoma and Grace Bumbry in Saint Louis.
Sabotage, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Re-View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 January 1937!
Which were the important events of 4 January 1937 ?
- Spaghetti Day
- Ogoni Day
- The eleventh night and tenth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- Feast day of St Elizabeth Ann Seton
- Dyan Cannon in Tacoma: Washington, USA; Mrs Cary Grant, actress (Heaven Can Wait).
- Grace Bumbry in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; mezzo-soprano ("Venus in TannhSuser").
- Dyan Cannon: American actress in films, TV, and on Broadway stage.
- Grace Bumbry: American soprano.
- Mick O'Connell: Gaelic footballer.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 4 January 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?