Sunday 3 January 1937
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Seri Wangnaitham and Glen Larson.
Fire Over England, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Re-View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1937!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1937 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Seri Wangnaitham: Thai dancer and choreographer (d. 2007).
- Glen Larson: American director producer and screenwriter created Battlestar Galactica (d. 2014).
- The first science fiction convention is held in Leeds, England.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?