Wednesday July 20, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Julianne Hough and Julianne Hough American ballroom dancer.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Hold On To The Nights by Richard Marx.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glenn Medeiros was in the top 5 hits.
Monkey Shines, directed by George A. Romero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Treasure by Clive Cussler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Luv Kush.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing F/A-18 Interceptor or Jaseiken Necromancer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1988!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1988 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Julianne Hough: Musician.
- Julianne Hough American ballroom dancer: actress, singer.
- Damian Sanders: YouTube Star.
- Stephen Strasburg: American baseball player.
- Michael Dukakis selected Democratic presidential nominee
- The Democratic National Convention in Atlanta, Georgia nominates Michael Dukakis for U.S. President and Lloyd Bentsen for Vice President.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Bobby Brown - Don't Be Cruel
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Sign Your Name
- Al B. Sure! - Off On Your Own (Girl)
- Roses Are Red - The Mac Band Featuring The McCampbell Brothers
- Vanessa Williams - The Right Stuff
- Troop - Mamacita
- Guy - Groove Me
- Paula Abdul - Knocked Out
- Rick James Featuring Roxanne Shante - Loosey's Rap
Top #9 Latin songs
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Glenn Medeiros - Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You
- The Twist (Yo, Twist) - The Fat Boys With Chubby Checker
- Push It / Tramp - Salt-N-Pepa
- Bros - I Owe You Nothing
- Sabrina - Boys (Summertime Love)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?