Tuesday 20 July 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to California Gurls by Katy Perry.
Flipped, directed by Rob Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Home Team by Sean Payton and Ellis Henican was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Great Outdoors.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bar Oasis or Dofus Arena.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 2010!
Which were the important events of 20 July 2010 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 20 July
- Navi Pillay states that Kyrgyzstan is detaining hundreds of people and using torture on some of them during the ongoing crisis. (Reuters)
- Thailand's government lifts a state of emergency in 3 provinces it remains in 16 others, including Bangkok. (Aljazeera)
- William Hague, the United Kingdom Foreign Secretary, says that British soldiers should be out of Afghanistan by 2014. (Xinhua)
- Uganda's government defends the forced repatriation of 1,700 Rwandan refugees, deemed ampquotheavy-handedampquot by the United Nations two people are killed in a group alleged to be a security risk following the July 2010 Kampala attacks. (''Arab News'')
- Turkey says six of its soldiers were killed and fifteen wounded in an attack by Kurdish rebels near the Iraqi border. Turkey also says that one rebel was killed during the attack, and that others were being pursued by the military. (BBC)
- Author Alan Shadrake is released on bail after being arrested while promoting his book on the death penalty in Singapore a trial is forthcoming on 30 July. (Aljazeera)
- The shortlist for the Forward Poetry Prize is announced. (''The Guardian'')
- Actress Lindsay Lohan starts a 90-day sentence for breaking her parole for a 2007 conviction for drunk driving in California, United States. (Sky News)
- The shortlist for the 2010 Mercury Prize is announced. (''The Independent'')
- An American appeals court grants bail to newspaper publisher Conrad Black. (Samaylive Latest News)
- Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan signs legislation to create a so-called ampquotbad bankampquot. (BBC)
- A worker at a Foxconn subsidiary undergoes a fatal fall from a dormitory building in Foshan, Guangdong. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Preliminary investigations indicate driver error as the cause of yesterday's deadly train crash in West Bengal. (''San Jose Mercury News'')
- Two men imprisoned for nearly eight years in Guantánamo Bay are sent to Algeria and Cape Verde, according to the United States Pentagon, against their will. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Cuba's Ricardo Alarcón says the island is prepared to release further political prisoners after the 52 it announced earlier this month he says they are free to remain in Cuba if they so wish. (France24)
- The United States announces it is to deploy troops along the US-Mexico border in August in what it sees as an effort to improve its security. (BBC)
- An international conference on the future of Afghanistan opens in Kabul co-chaired by the President of Afghanistan Hamid Karzai and the Secretary-General of the United Nations Ban Ki-moon. The conference endorses a goal for Afghan forces to lead security operations across the country by 2014. Afghan President Hamid Karzai suggests raising the size of the Afghan National Army to 170,000 troops and the Afghan National Police to 134,000 officers by 2011. (AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Former North Korean spy Kim Hyon Hui is allowed into Japan via Haneda Airport on a government-chartered jet, after the country waives its own immigration rules. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- North Korea executes by firing squad Kwon Ho Ung, a former cabinet official who led talks with South Korea from 2004 until 2007. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Turkish foreign minister Ahmet Davutoğlu and exiled Hamas leader Khaled Mashal meet for talks in Syria. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Find Your Love - Drake
- OMG - Usher Featuring will.i.am
- Ride - Ciara Featuring Ludacris
- Lose My Mind - Young Jeezy Featuring Plies
- Sex Room - Ludacris Featuring Trey Songz
- Your Love - Nicki Minaj
- Teach Me How To Dougie - Cali Swag District
- Bittersweet - Fantasia
Top #10 Latin songs
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Waka Waka (This Time For Africa) - Shakira Featuring Freshlyground
- Dime Que Me Quieres - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- No Puedo Volver - Intocable
- Yerbatero - Juanes
- Y Como Es El - Marc Anthony
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
Top #10 Rock songs
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- The Crow & The Butterfly - Shinedown
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War
- Cage The Elephant - In One Ear
- Another Way To Die - Disturbed
- Avenged Sevenfold - Nightmare
- Let Me Hear You Scream - Ozzy Osbourne
- Phoenix - 1901
- Savior - Rise Against
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
The deal is a sign that commercial aviation, and Boeing’s fortunes, are starting to recover from the recession. [..]
The sale is part of BP’s previously announced plan to raise at least $10 billion to cover damage claims from the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $32.66
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $67.39
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $65.75
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $45.80
- 1 CHF = 6.4395 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4973 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0082 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.985 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?