Thursday 20 May 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Hill and Earl of Iveagh.
Kid Galahad, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while And So-Victoria by Vaughan Wilkins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sports Review.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1937!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1937 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Dave Hill: Jackson, Michigan -- PGA golfer (1967 Memphis).
- Earl of Iveagh: President (Guiness Pics).
- Lord "Benjie": Earl of Iveagh; British brewer (Guinness)/large landowner.
- Dave Hill in Jackson: Michigan, USA; PGA golfer (1967 Memphis).
- Landon Rowland: American legal executive and CEO of Kansas City Southern Industries, a rail company that is expanding into financial services.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?