Friday 28 May 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Chrisman .
Kid Galahad, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching For the Children.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 28 May 1937
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1937!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1937 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Robert Chrisman: American poet, scholar, as well as a founding editor and publisher of The Black Scholar (TBS).
- Alfred Adler: Austrian neurologist and psychiatrist who was the director of the first child psychology clinic in Vienna in 1920.
- Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco opens to vehicular traffic.
- The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, California, is officially opened by President Franklin D. Roosevelt in Washington, D.C., who pushes a button signaling the start of vehicle traffic over the span.
- Spanish Civil War: Spanish ship ''Ciudad de Barcelona'' is torpedoed.
- The Chicago Police Department shoot and kill ten unarmed demonstrators in Chicago in what is known as the Memorial Day massacre.