Sunday 16 May 1937US date format: 5/16/1937, UK date format: 16/5/1937
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 16, 1937). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe Sorrentino and Jim Hunt (politician).
Gunsmoke Ranch, directed by Joseph Kane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching 1937 Coronation.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 May 1937
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1937!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1937 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Joe Sorrentino: American jurist, a municipal court judge and crusader for juvenile rights whose books include the autobiography, "Up From Never.
- Jim Hunt (politician)
- Anthony Saidy: American physician and chess master, a man dedicated to his two passions, public health and chess.
- Jocelyn Lane
- Yvonne Craig: American actress and dancer (d. 2015).
- Liana Ohayon: Finnish actress.
- James Hunt: American politician who was the 69th and 71st Governor of North Carolina (1977–1985, and 1993–2001).
- Yvonne Craig in Taylorville: Illinois, USA; actress (Batgirl - Batman, Kissin Cousin).
- Trini Lopez: Musician.