Thursday 6 May 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Besson and Rubin Carter.
Captains Courageous, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Sports Review.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1937 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Louis Besson: French politician and member of the French Socialist Party.
- Rubin Carter: American homicide, convicted along with John Artis in 1967 of the shotgun killings of three persons in a Paterson, NJ bar on 6/17/1966.
- Robin Fulton: Robin Fulton is a Scottish poet and translator.
- Pierre Merlin: French cartographer, demographer, statistician and actuary.
- Dirigible Hindenburg explodes in flames at Lakehurst, New Jersey (36 die)
- Hindenburg disaster: The German zeppelin Hindenburg catches fire and is destroyed within a minute while attempting to dock at Lakehurst, New Jersey. Thirty-six people are killed.
- (1825 hours) Airship Hindenburg attempts landing at Lakehurst Naval Air Station in New Jersey, USA. A sudden explosion and fire destroys the ship, killing 36 people. The Hindenburg was the largest rigid airship ever built; the largest aircraft of any type ever to fly. The US Department of Commerce official investigation finds the cause of the accident to be ignition of hydrogen and air, most likely set off by atmospheric discharge.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 May 1937
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?