Friday 20 May 1983
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include N T Rama Rao Jr and Óscar Cardozo.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Let's Dance by David Bowie.
In UK True by Spandau Ballet was in the top 5 hits.
Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi, directed by Richard Marquand, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tiefe Wasser.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alchemist or Jumping Jack.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1983!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1983 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- N T Rama Rao Jr: Indian film actor.
- Óscar Cardozo: Paraguayan footballer.
- Chad Connell: Canadian actor.
- Roger Huerta: American mixed martial artist.
- Matthew Langridge: English rower.
- Manchu Manoj: Indian actor and singer
- Michaela McManus: American actress
- N Rao: Indian actor singer and dancer
- Emma Williams: English actress and singer
- Phillies Steve Carlton passes W Johnson with 2nd most strike outs
- Larry Holmes beats Tim Witherspoon in 12 rounds for heavyweight boxing title.
- Michael Dokes and Mike Weaver fight to a draw in 15 rounds for heavyweight boxing title.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 May 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Prince - Little Red Corvette
- Laura Branigan - Solitaire
- Greg Kihn Band - Jeopardy
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?