Monday 9 May 1983
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gilles Muller and Giacomo Brichetto.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Beat It by Michael Jackson.
In UK True by Spandau Ballet was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Thunder, directed by John Badham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Home.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battlezone or Hard Hat Mack.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1983 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Gilles Muller: Luxembourgian tennis player.
- Giacomo Brichetto: Italian footballer.
- Alan Campbell: Irish rower.
- Ryuhei Matsuda: Japanese actor.
- Christos Marangos: Cypriot footballer.
- Tyler Lumsden: American baseball player
- Gilles Müller: Luxembourgian tennis player
- Leandro Rinaudo: Italian footballer
- 18th Academy of Country Music Awards: Alabama and Willie Nelson win.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 May 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Greg Kihn Band - Jeopardy
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Dexys Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- Prince - Little Red Corvette
- Laura Branigan - Solitaire
- After The Fire - Der Kommissar
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?