Saturday 28 May 1983
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Humberto Sanchez and Paul Robson.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK True by Spandau Ballet was in the top 5 hits.
The Man with Two Brains, directed by Carl Reiner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tiefe Wasser.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bio-Attack or Cuthbert Goes Walkabout.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1983!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1983 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Humberto Sanchez: Dominican baseball player.
- Paul Robson: Scottish National Hunt jockey who had a career total of 89 wins from over 600 rides between 2001–2005 including 29 in one of his early seasons.
- Roman Atwood: YouTube Star.
- Steve Cronin: American soccer player.
- Toby Hemingway: English actor.
- Humberto Sánchez: Dominican-American baseball player
- Erastus Corning 2nd: American politician, 72nd Mayor of Albany, New York (Born 1909).
- Ricky by Weird Al Yankovic hits #63
- Hamburger ZV wins 28th Europe Cup 1 in Athens, Greece.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 May 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Prince - Little Red Corvette
- Laura Branigan - Solitaire
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Bryan Adams - Straight From The Heart
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?