Thursday 20 November 1952
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Lipton in New York City and John Van Boxmeer.
Hans Christian Andersen, directed by Charles Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while I Go Pogo by Walt Kelly was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Terry and the Pirates.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 November 1952!
Which were the important events of 20 November 1952 ?
- Church of England - Edmund the Martyr
- Brazil - Zumbi Day (since 1978)
- United Kingdom - wedding day of Queen Elizabeth II (1947), official flag day
- Mexico - Anniversary of the Revolution (1910)
- UNICEF - Universal Children's Day
- Vietnam - Teacher's Day (Ngay nha gi�o Vi?t Nam)
- Transgender Day of Remembrance (since 1999) 
- Robert Lipton in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Tom - The Survivors, As the World Turns).
- John Van Boxmeer: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Benedetto Croce: Italian philosopher, critic and historian.
- Cubs slugger Hank Sauer wins NL MVP
- George Axelrods 7 Year Itch, premieres in New York City
- Prague show trial against 14 communists (9 Jewish) begin
- Slansky trials : a series of Stalinist and anti-Semitic show trials in Czechoslovakia.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?