Friday 21 November 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Griffey Jr and Pierre Bourquenoud.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Wedding Bell Blues by The 5th Dimension.
In UK Sugar Sugar by Archies was in the top 5 hits.
Change of Habit, directed by William Graham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Kingdom And The Power by Gay Talese was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Garden-Party.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 November 1969!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 21 November 1969 ?
- Also see November 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Hello Day
- Bangladesh - Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- R.C. Saints - Presentation of Mary
- World Television Day
- Ken Griffey Jr
- Pierre Bourquenoud
- Ken Griffy Jr: Centerfielder (Seattle Mariners, MVP 1997).
- Ken Griffey: American record-setting pro baseball player, a superstar who joined the Seattle Mariners at age 19.
- Olivia Jones: German transvestite entertainer.
- Mutesa II of Buganda: President of Uganda (Born 1924).
- KXIX (now KVCT) TV channel 19 in Victoria, TX (ABC) 1st broadcast
- Ken Griffey, Jr. is born; American baseball player.
- The first permanent ARPANET link is established between UCLA and SRI.
- U.S. President Richard Nixon and Japanese Premier Eisaku Sato agree in Washington, D.C. on the return of Okinawa to Japanese control in 1972. Under the terms of the agreement, the U.S. is to retain its rights to bases on the island, but these are to be nuclear-free.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- The Beatles - Something
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- The Flying Machine - Smile A Little Smile For Me
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?