Tuesday 18 November 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cheryl Bachman and Lee Anne Ketcham.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Wedding Bell Blues by The 5th Dimension.
In UK Sugar Sugar by Archies was in the top 5 hits.
Change of Habit, directed by William Graham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The House On The Strand by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Urmel aus dem Eis.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 November 1969!
Which were the important events of 18 November 1969 ?
- Latvia - Independence Day (1918)
- Also see November 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Dedication of the Basilicas of Saints Peter and Paul ; Saint Rose Philippine Duchesne ; also St Mawes, St Odo of Cluny, St Romanus of Antioch
- Venezuela - Feast of the Virgen de Chiquinquir�, also known as la Chinita, in the western state of Zulia
- Roman festivals - day 1 Dios dedicated to the sun god by emperor Licinius
- Oman - National Holiday
- Cheryl Bachman: Jacksonville, Florida -- Playmate (October, 1991).
- Lee Anne Ketcham: Tallahassee, Florida -- Female pitcher (Silver Bullets).
- Raghib Ismail: NFL wide receiver / kick returner (Oakland Raiders).
- Ahmed Helmi: Egyptian actor.
- Sam Cassell: NBA guard (New Jersey Nets, Houston Rockets).
- Matt Fish: American basketball player: center, Kings
- Rahgib Ismail: American football player, Notre Dame's star running back at 5'10" and 175 pounds. In 1989 he was a sophomore flanker who returned two kickoff returns for touchdowns.
- Ahmed Helmy: Egyptian actor
- Koichiro Kimura: Japanese mixed martial artist and wrestler (d. 2014)
- Duncan Sheik: American singer-songwriter guitarist and actor
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 November 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Wedding Bell Blues
- R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria
- The Beatles - Something
- Blood, Sweat and Tears - And When I Die
- The Flying Machine - Smile A Little Smile For Me
- Steam - Na Na Hey Hey Kiss Him Goodbye
- The Beatles - Come Together
- Stevie Wonder - Yester-Me, Yester-You, Yesterday
- Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?