Saturday 21 November 2009
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Fireflies by Owl City.
Zvenigora, directed by Aleksandr Dovzhenko, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching NSFW Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 101-in-1 Party Megamix or Bloody Fun Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 November 2009!
Which were the important events of 21 November 2009 ?
- Also see November 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Hello Day
- Bangladesh - Armed Forces Day in Bangladesh
- R.C. Saints - Presentation of Mary
- World Television Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 November
- Protestors gather at the French Embassy in Dublin in a continuation of the dispute with FIFA over the controversial handball incident in the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying match between France and Republic of Ireland. (BBC)
- Italian police arrest two Pakistani nationals suspected of providing logistical support to the group responsible for the attacks in Mumbai in 2008. (BBC News)
- Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams and Pope Benedict XVI agree to ampquotseek closer relationsampquot in a meeting in Rome. (Associated Press)
- Floods in Great Britain and Ireland:
- Ireland's Emergency Co-Ordination Committee meets to discuss the flooding. Green Party leader and Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government John Gormley visits the scene of the worst damage in Cork and describes it as ampquota once in 800 years eventampquot. (''The Straits Times'')
- U.S. President Barack Obama's job approval rating slips below 50 percent in a daily tracking survey by Gallup poll. (Reuters)
- New research concludes that ''Homo floresiensis'', discovered in 2003, is a distinct species and not a previously known species with dwarfism or microcephaly. (U.S. News)
- Sri Lanka's government announces that Tamil refugees held in camps since the end of the conflict with the Tamil Tigers will be free to leave the camps next month. (''The Island'')
- A gas blast at a coal mine in Heilongjiang province, northeastern China, kills 42 people and traps 66. (AP)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 November 2009
Serie AItalian Football
- Bologna - Inter : 1 - 3
- Fiorentina - Parma : 2 - 3
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Roeselare : 3 - 1
- Club Brugge - Germinal : 1 - 2
- Gent - Standard : 2 - 1
- St Truiden - Cercle Brugge : 1 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Dortmund - Mainz : 0 - 0
- Ein Frankfurt - M'gladbach : 1 - 2
- FC Koln - Hoffenheim : 0 - 4
- Freiburg - Werder Bremen : 0 - 6
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Hansa Rostock - Karlsruhe : 2 - 1
- Oberhausen - Frankfurt FSV : 1 - 3
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?