Saturday 22 December 1984
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Greg Finley and Basshunter .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Like A Virgin by Madonna.
In UK Do They Know It's Christmas? by Band Aid was in the top 5 hits.
1984, directed by Michael Radford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching City Lights.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Intellectual Decathlon or Incunabula.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1984!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1984 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
Famous Birthdays:22 December
- Bernhard Goetz shoots 4 black muggers on NYC subway train
- Four African-American youths board an express train in The Bronx borough of New York City. They attempt to rob Bernhard Goetz, who shoots them. The event starts a national debate about urban crime.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 December 1984
- Los Angeles Raiders - Seattle Seahawks : 7 - 13
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?