Saturday 22 November 1902
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 22, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Philippe Leclerc de Hauteclocque and Emanuel Feuermann Kolomea Galicia.
A Trip to the Moon, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 November 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1902!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1902 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Philippe Leclerc de Hauteclocque: French general (d. 1947).
- Emanuel Feuermann Kolomea Galicia: cellist (Chicago Symphony Orchestra).
- Joe Adonis: Italian-American gambler and mafia boss.
- Jacques-Philippe Leclerc: French military, served in Morocco and with valor in Europe and Africa during WW II; Marshal of France.
- Philippe Leclerc: French general (Born 1902).
- Sir Humphrey Gibbs: Rhodesian politician (d. 1990).
- Emanuel Feuermann: Austrian-American cellist and educator (d. 1942).
- Humphrey Gibbs: English-Rhodesian politician 15th Governor of Southern Rhodesia (d. 1990).
- Albert Leduc: French Canadian ice hockey player (Born 1902).
- Ethel Smith: American organist (d. 1996).
- Philippe de Hauteclocque: French general (d. 1947).