Sunday 22 November 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guion Steward Bluford Jr and Steve Caldwell.
Casablanca, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Drivin' Woman by Elizabeth Pickett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1942 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Guion Steward Bluford Jr: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania -- Colonel USAF / astr (STS 8, 61A, 39, 53).
- Steve Caldwell: Rocker (Orleans).
- Guion S Bluford Jr in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; Colonel US Air Force/astronaut (STS 8, STS 61A, STS 39).
- Ruslan Khasbulatov: Russian economist and politician of Chechen descent.
- Ruslan Husbulatov: Russian politician, chairman of supreme soviet of russia, native of chechen republic; the most offensive russian politician.
- Guion Bluford: American colonel pilot and astronaut
- General Major Rodins 26th Pantser corp recaptures Ostrov
- Hitler orders Rommels African corps to fight to last man
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Had The Craziest Dream - Harry James & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?