Wednesday 5 December 1934
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Didion and Michael Sullivan.
'Neath the Arizona Skies, directed by Harry Fraser, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 5 December 1934 ?
- Thailand - The King's Birthday, National Day, Father's Day
- Day of the Ninja
- Austria - Krampus
- Also see December 5 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - formerly: Saint Sabas
- Roman festivals - Faunalia celebrated in honor of Faunus (according to Horace, Odes 3.18)
- Belgium, the Netherlands and the UK - Saint Nicholas Eve (whom Dutch speakers call Sinterklaas, which became in other languages Santa Claus)
- Joan Didion: American novelist, journalist, and screenwriter.
- Michael Sullivan: American executive and CEO of International Dairy Queen, a fast-food brazier, ice cream franchise chain that has expanded into Europe and Asia.
- Nikos Kourkoulos: Greek actor, artistic director of the National Theatre of Greece (d. 2007).
- Abyssinia Crisis: Italian troops attack Wal Wal in Abyssinia, taking four days to capture the city.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Object of My Affection - Glen Gray & Casa Loma Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?