Saturday 1 November 1902
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 1, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eugen Jochum and Carlos Drummond de Andrade.
A Trip to the Moon, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1902!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1902 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Eugen Jochum: German orchestral conductor who was noted for the music of Brahms and Bruckner.
- Carlos Drummond de Andrade: Poet.
- Eugen Jochum Babenhausen Bavaria: German conductor (Hamburg Orchestra).
- Nordahl Grieg: Norwegian journalist author poet and playwright (d. 1943).