Thursday September 22, 1988
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 22, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nikita Andreyev and Melvin Gregg.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit) by Bobby McFerrin.
In UK Groovy Kind Of Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Heathers, directed by Michael Lehmann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Till We Meet Again by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Starting from Scratch.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Colony or Death Bringer Galdregon's Domain.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 September 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1988!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1988 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Melvin Gregg: Vine Star.
- Nikita Andreyev: Russian footballer.
- Bethany Dillon: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Mohamed Faisal: Maldivian footballer.
- Ali Fasir: Maldivian footballer.
- Rais Amrohvi: Pakistani psychoanalyst poet and scholar (d. 1988).
- Canada begins production of a $5 silver Maple Leaf bullion coin
- South Korean coaches attack the New Zealand referee after disputing his decision; the Olympic Korean boxer stages a 67 minute sit-in.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy (Edit)
- Guns N' Roses - Sweet Child O' Mine
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Always Love You
- Robert Palmer - Simply Irresistible
- Def Leppard - Love Bites
- Huey Lewis & The News - Perfect World
- Peter Cetera - One Good Woman
- New Edition - If It Isn't Love
- Kenny Loggins - Nobody's Fool
- Cheap Trick - Don't Be Cruel
Top #10 R&B songs
- Jeffrey Osborne - She's On The Left
- Levert - Addicted To You
- Pebbles - Take Your Time
- Tony Toni Tone - Born Not To Know
- Shake Your Thang - Salt-N-Pepa Featuring E.U.
- Teddy Pendergrass - 2 A.M.
- Bobby Brown - My Prerogative
- Keith Sweat (Duet With Jacci McGhee) - Make It Last Forever
- A Nightmare On My Street - D.J. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
- James Brown - Static
Top #10 Latin songs
- Franco - MARIA
- Marisela - YA NO
- TOCO MADERA - Raphael
- SENTADO A LA VERA DEL CAMINO - EYDIE GORME Y ROBERTO CARLOS
- Es un alma en pena - Lucia Mendez
- QUE SERA - Emmanuel
- MALA NOCHE NO - Veronica Castro
- QUE TE PASA - Yuri
- ESTE AMOR QUE HAY QUE CALLAR - Yolandita Monge
- Atrapame y condename - Jorge Muniz
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?