Tuesday 30 December 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brandon Clark in New York City and Steven L Smith in Phoenix.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to The Chipmunk Song by The Chipmunks.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
Bell Book and Candle, directed by Richard Quine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Twixt Twelve And Twenty by Pat Boone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The General Electric College Bowl.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1958!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1958 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Brandon Clark in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Sean - The Fitzpatricks).
- Steven L Smith in Phoenix: Arizona, USA; astronaut (STS 68, 82).
- Steven L Smith: American astronaut.
- John Adams: Dutch-American musician, a talented Dutch performer reminiscent of John Denver.
- Steven Smith: American engineer and astronaut.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Song
- The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
- The Teddy Bears - To Know Him, Is To Love Him
- Elvis Presley - One Night
- The Everly Brothers - Problems
- The Kingston Trio - Tom Dooley
- Ricky Nelson - Lonesome Town
- The Playmates - Beep Beep
- Clyde McPhatter - A Lover's Question
- Fats Domino - Whole Lotta Loving
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?