Wednesday 23 February 1983
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Courtney Culkin and Emily Blunt.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Baby, Come To Me by Patti Austin.
In UK Too Shy by Kajagoogoo was in the top 5 hits.
The Beyond, directed by Lucio Fulci, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Mistral'S Daughter by Judith Krantz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Machine Gunners.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Gateway to Apshai or Artillery Duel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 February 1983!
Which were the important events of 23 February 1983 ?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- Guyana - Mashramani-Republic Day.
- Brunei - National Day.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Polycarp of Smyrna (died 155)
- Saint Lazarus (d.867)
- Courtney Culkin: American Playboy Playmate.
- Emily Blunt: Movie Actress.
- Aziz Ansari: Indian-American comedian.
- Mido : Egyptian footballer.
- Mirco Bergamasco: Italian rugby player.
- US immigration judge Gordon Sacks orders Feodor Fedorenko deported to the Soviet Union, his birthplace. Fedorenko had served as a guard in a German death camp in Treblinka, Poland, between 1942 and 1945.
- 25th Grammy Awards: Rosanna, Toto IV, Men at Work win.
- The United States Environmental Protection Agency announces its intention to buy out and evacuate the dioxin-contaminated community of Times Beach, Missouri.
- USFL New Jersey Generals sign Heisman winner Herschel Walker (3 years - US$5 million).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 February 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Patti Austin - Baby, Come To Me
- Bob Seger - Shame On The Moon
- Stray Cats - Stray Cat Strut
- Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
- Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
- Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
- Eddie Rabbitt - You And I
- Men At Work - Down Under
- Kenny Rogers - We've Got Tonight
- Musical Youth - Pass The Dutchie
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?