Saturday 10 August 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Barbara Mills and Richard Wells.
Foreign Correspondent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Barbara Mills: QC, British Director of Public Prosecutions.
- Richard Wells: Chief Constable (South Yorkshire).
- Bobby Hatfield in Wisconsin: USA; rocker (Righteous Brothers - "Unchained Melody").
- Bobby Hatfield: American musician, a member of the "Righteous Brothers" along with Bill Medley.
- Sid Waddell: English sportscaster (d. 2012).
- Prince Bernhard Fund forms
- WWII: British armed merchant cruiser is torpedoed off Malin Head, Ireland, by German submarine ''U-56''.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1940
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?