Saturday 10 August 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 10, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bobby Hatfield and Marie Versini.
Foreign Correspondent, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1940!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1940 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Bobby Hatfield: American musician, a member of the "Righteous Brothers" along with Bill Medley.
- Marie Versini
- Barbara Mills: QC, British Director of Public Prosecutions.
- Richard Wells: Chief Constable (South Yorkshire).
- Bobby Hatfield in Wisconsin: USA; rocker (Righteous Brothers - "Unchained Melody").
- Sid Waddell: English sportscaster (d. 2012).
- Prince Bernhard Fund forms
- WWII: British armed merchant cruiser is torpedoed off Malin Head, Ireland, by German submarine ''U-56''.